Portland, OR – Today, Joe Biden is visiting Oregon for the first time since his election. Since then, Oregon has seen 40-year high inflation, record-high gas prices and a preventable crime spike, all due to Democrats failed policies and Biden’s failed leadership.
Oregon Republican Party Chairman Herman Baertschiger released the following statement ahead of Biden’s visit:
“Instead of attending a swanky fundraiser at a yacht club for national Democrats, Oregonians want to know what he is doing to reduce gas prices and reduce crime. He won’t address these issues because he knows his policies are what caused our record-high gas prices and out-of-control crime spike.”-ORGOP Chairman Herman Baertschiger
- Biden’s visit to Oregon comes as violent crime is spiking, with Portland already outpacing 2021’s record number of homicides.
- Democrats’ radical “defund the police” policies have led to record crime across Oregon.
- 63 percent of Portland small businesses report having been broken into or vandalized in the past six months.
- Biden does not care about the hardship Oregonians are facing amid rising prices and some of the highest gas prices in the nation.
- Biden plans to “fix” rising prices by spending even more, which numerous economists have warned would lead to higher inflation and will make life harder for middle and lower-class Americans.
- Last month, the average gas price in Oregon hit a new record high of $4.74 a gallon – among the highest in the nation.
- Democrats in Oregon enacted a carbon fuel standard, raising the price of gas in the state by 5 cents per gallon in 2021 amid already rising gas prices.
- Because of rising prices, real wages for Oregon workers are falling and their paychecks are worth less.